1. Sites Covered By This Statement
This Online Privacy Statement covers the collection and use of data on the Buy GovDirect web site in the United States. This privacy statement also applies to this and other affiliated websites or a sub-website within these designated websites.
2. What Information We Collect
The information we collect on our site generally falls into the following two categories: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect when you use our Site may include your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, employer, and job title. We request Personally Identifiable Information when you order a product or service, participate in certain promotional activities, fill out surveys, and correspond with us. We also collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask that we send products or information directly to other people; in these cases, we will collect the information you submit about the recipient. It will be clear when you are on a part of our site that requires personal information, because we will ask you for it and you will have a choice about how we use that information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. The Non-Personally Identifiable data we collect when you visit our site may include the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the Web site that you visited directly prior to coming to our site, which pages you visit on our site, which URL you visit next, which browser you used to enter our site, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any search terms entered on our site.
We do not associate the Personally Identifiable Information with the Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected on our site.
3. Why We Collect Your Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide customers with superior service and to give all visitors a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our site. For example, if you purchase products or request information on our site, we use your Personally Identifiable Information to fill your order or to supply the requested information. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information on an aggregated basis to analyze customer behavior to help us understand how visitors use our site and to measure interest in the various pages. We use this information to improve the content of our site, to make it easier to use, and to customize our advertising.
4. How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
- Surfing: We collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you visit our site for products and services. We collect this information to help run our site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on our site, and to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Ordering: We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to process your order, obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
- Product Registration: We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you register your products online. We keep this information as reference for future customer service requests and to personalize the customer service process.
- Technical Support: We may collect certain information when you request technical support for your products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of your products, and provide solutions.
- Online Surveys and Polling: We collect Personally Identifiable Information from those customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to improve our site as well as our product offerings and services.
- Promotional Activities: We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you when you engage in one of our promotional programs or activities. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners’ list publicly available pursuant to certain states’ laws.
- Newsletters and Promotional E-mails: We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this data to provide you with the information that you request.
- Contact Information: If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
- Gifts: If you order a gift to be delivered to someone else, we will use the information you provide for that person to ship the product and confirm delivery.
5. Sharing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent to others the Personally Identifiable Information we collect online. Unless we have your permission, we will share the Personally Identifiable Information you provide online only within GovDirect and/or businesses that provide services to GovDirect and only for the purposes described above. In situations where GovDirect engages third parties to perform services on its behalf, we will require them to observe the intent of this Privacy Statement.
On some of our Web pages, we may offer you the opportunity to receive information from companies with products or services that may be of interest to you. If you choose to receive such information, GovDirect may assist those companies in their marketing activities by forwarding their messages to you, but we will not provide these companies with any of your Personally Identifiable Information.
From time to time, we may be required to provide Personally Identifiable Information in response to a court order, subpoena, or government investigation. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. We may release certain Personally Identifiable Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
GovDirect or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity, or their respective assets could be acquired. Should such a combination or acquisition occur, you should expect that GovDirect would share some or all of your Personally Identifiable Information to continue serving you and other users of our site.
6. Your Choices
GovDirect will not use or share the Personally Identifiable Information collected on our site in ways unrelated to the purpose for which you provided the information, including those described above, without giving you a choice whether to permit any such unrelated uses. At the time you provide your information, we will offer you a choice as to whether you want to receive further communications about special offers, product information or other marketing messages. If you choose not to receive these communications, we will not use the information you provide for this purpose. If you have previously given your permission to receive these communications, but then change your mind and do not want to receive further marketing communications from GovDirect, let us know by submitting your “opt-out” choice within the account administration portion of our websites.
7. Accessing and Changing Your Information
GovDirect seeks to ensure that your information and preferences are accurate and complete. If you have registered your product or created personal accounts online, you may access and change your information at any time by visiting the site where it was originally submitted.
8. Protecting Your Information
GovDirect acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you make a purchase from our site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology to safeguard your credit card and other sensitive information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
If you would prefer to order by phone, please call us at 1-888-TOUGH31.
9. Links to Other Web sites
Parts of our site may contain links to third-party Web sites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you will leave the GovDirect Web site. When you access a non GovDirect Web site, even one that may contain the GovDirect Logo, please understand that we do not control the content and therefore are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies of each site you visit. This Privacy Statement does not cover the information practices of those Web sites linked to our site. Those other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
10. Children’s Privacy
GovDirect believes that protecting children’s privacy online is extremely important, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet and to spend time online with their children. GovDirects respects national and international laws, including the Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies in the United States. Accordingly, at our site we do not collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent. In the event we develop areas of our site directed at children under age 13, we will implement a special children’s privacy statement that complies with the requirements of COPPA and other relevant laws.
11. Changes to This Statement
If there are changes or additions to the terms of this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and your choices in providing that information. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our site. Regardless of any changes we make to our Online Privacy Statement, we will always use your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the version of the Privacy Statement in place at the time you provided your information, unless you give your express consent for us to do otherwise.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about GovDirect’s use of your information, or about this Online Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.